Christmas morning is a special time for my family. We gather from all parts of the state (Chicago), often arriving in our pyjamas, for Christmas cookies, breakfast and presents (not necessarily in that order). One of my family’s favorite breakfast foods is what I call “Cheesy Bacon Monkey Bread.”
You will need:
- ½ lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tubes of the original Pillsbury biscuits
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine, melted
- 6 oz. Cheese Whiz
- Bundt or Angel food cake pan*
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray your pan with Pam or other spray oil. Mix melted butter and Cheese Whiz until blended. Pour into pie pan.
- Cut biscuits into four pieces each and sprinkle onto cheese in pan.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until browned on top.
- Take out of oven and immediately flip onto large plate, letting cheese drip onto ring of bread.
- Top with crumbled bacon.
- Serve as pull-apart bread, or slice.