Before I start, just a reminder that we are currently running a DT Call. Would you be a good fit with The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up? Joining the team would allow you to get a great start working on your Christmas card stash for 2016 and if you like playing with digital papers you can add a minimum of six to your collection each month you are with us, plus at least one digi image each month from our fabulous sponsors. At the end of a six month term you'd amass a minimum of 36 digi papers and six + images. Stay a year and you earn double that--72 Christmas themed digi papers and 12 + images. How's that for incentive?!
And on that note, it is time to get our very first challenge for 2016 under way!
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Sketch Challenge
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, we want to see you use this sketch on your Christmas or other December holiday card. Monica has provided the inspiration for the basis of your design, now you just have to run with it. You can flip it on its head if you like but we must be able to see all the elements of the original sketch in your card in order to qualify for the prize. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $15 gift certificate to Ike's Art.
Talking about Ike's Art, how about we get to know her a little bit better...
Hi there – I am Ike……a nickname that I got hooked with many years ago due to my surname, and in my profession at that time, …… they just loved to give nicknames ☺.Check out all the fabulous images that the Sleigh Belles got to work with this month for the start of the challenge. You'll get to see the images that the Merry Maidens worked with at the midway. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the section within the digital stamp section of the Ike's Art store.
I live in Greece and have a passion for kitties ☺ I am a complete nutter or should I say I’m ‘zany’ hahaha. I have a very strange/sick sense of humour and I must admit I spend a lot of time talking to myself. !! Well, I get more sense out of me.! I reckon in a few years I shall be known as the “crazy cat lady”☺
I am an artist and have a strange mind when it comes to creating my art. I either go completely true to life… right down to the last hair… or I go totally surreal. I have a passion for all things horror/Gothic etc. I’ve always loved horror films and books and I guess that’s why it creeps into my stuff ! Had I been a bit younger I swear I would have been a Goth……luuuuuv it. Next time around I am gonna be a witch or a cat ☺
I started my Blog a couple of years ago and although I love crafting, my real passion is drawing, and now I just love making digital images.
My SHOP is IkesArt found at www.ikesart.com
My Blog is Ikes World and is at http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com
My Challenge Blog http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
Exclusive designer for Smeared Ink www.smearedink.com
Poinsettia Fairy (My Latest Designs section)
Blossom 1 (Other section)
Poinsettia Cluster (Other section)
Christmas Pixie (My Latest Designs section)
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of January will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll in the sidebar on the top right hand side.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for January! Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the optional theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Monica and I hope to see you back with us soon!
- Join us on January 8th,when we'll publish the names of the people who earned the free paper for December along with the winners and top picks from Challenge #12.
- Next, be sure to join us on January 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Then on January 23rd, Monica will be here to share a Christmas recipe with you all.
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), January 1st - 11:55 p.m. (23:55 hrs), January 31st, 2015.
- You need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards each month in order to qualify to receive that month's digital paper.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- You can link up as many holiday themed cards as you want as long as each entry is with a new project. HOWEVER, if you decide to follow the optional theme of a Sketch Challenge (see specific details above), only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw for this month's prize of a $15 gift certificate to the Ike's Art store. You must add 'FT' after you name so we know which cards to add to the random draw for the sponsor's prize.
- No backlinking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog. Generic blog links will be disabled or deleted.
- The winners and top picks for this challenge (#13) will be announced on February 8th in a special post.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Thank you very much for having me as a Sponsor :-) The Team creations are just awesome :-D
Hopefully this might spur me into getting all my Chrimbo cards done early this year hahaha :-)
My Challenge Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog
Thank you for the challenge. Lovely work by the design team.
Great challenge, I had a blast playing along and seeing all the lovely makes! Thank you so much. Hugs :-)
Such a fun challenge to enter. Thank you so much. Hugs :-)
Thanks so much for the challenge. I miss the team already! Lovely inspiration from the DT!
Post a Comment