Right now, it is time to get on with the challenge. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Holiday Humour
Christmas time is a time of joy, of renewal, of family and friends, of food and faith. We all make plans and preparations for the perfect Christmas, but sometimes LIFE throws a pumpkin pie in our faces and we have to laugh. Some of the funniest times are during the holidays, which make for happy memories throughout the years. Like when Grandma laughed so hard at the dinner table her dentures fell into the mashed potatoes, or when your toddler spent more time and had more fun unwrapping the presents than the presents themselves (both were actual holiday events in Pat's family). This month our OPTIONAL theme is HOLIDAY HUMOUR.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $10.00 gift certificate from Scribbles Designs.
Talking about Scribbles Designs, it is time to refresh ourselves with the details of this great returning sponsor...
Looking for a unique image or sentiment? Well then! Head on over to Scribbles Designs and check out Sandy's world of her funky imagination and quirky characters. Sandy has loved art, drawing, water coloring and doodling for many years... and with the digital image world she can now share it with all of you. Brrr (Penguin) was her first main character and her other quirky images followed not long after. We hope you enjoy the endearing images available in the store and add Sandy's images to your digital stamp collections.
Check out the fun and quirky images that the team worked with this month for the start of the challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their spot in the Scribbles Designs store.
#870 Elves @ Work
#243 Snow Kisses
#228 Twinkle Brrr
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called A Cartoony Christmas Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of February will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll below.
DIGI PAPER POLL
Please click "like" to choose the ONE paper that you would like offered up to participants who link up a minimum of two cards during the month of February. Poll will be open until February 28th, 11:59 p.m. Please note that you can get a better idea of what the actual paper looks like by bringing the preview ABOVE up in the lightbox.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for February! Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the optional theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- Join us in about a week (between February 8 &10), when we hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #24.
- Then, be sure to join us again on February 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Then during the third week of February, Pat should be here to share a Christmas tradition and/or recipe with us all.
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), February 1st until 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), February 28th, 2017.
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- Only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw for this month's prize of a $10.00 gift certificate from Scribbles Designs. You must add 'FT' after you name so we know which cards to add to the random draw for the sponsor's prize.
- No backlinking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #26
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Holiday Humour, below. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the theme. Please see above for all the rules and details.