I can't believe it's already April 1st! That means it's time for our next challenge to get under way (NO FOOLING)! Here in Chicago, the skies have been gray, the ground water-soaked and the temps in the mid-40s. Typical Spring weather! I wish the sun would rip through those heavy clouds so the flowers can show off their new colors. Ah, well. Patience is a virtue.
At least I don't feel so guilty staying in and creating cards for my Christmas stash while the weather is so lousy! LOL So let's get down to business. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Ghosts of Christmas Past - A Vintage ChallengeThe best part of Christmas is the memories of Christmases past. Charles Dickens hit it spot-on when he wrote "A Christmas Carol", pulling Ebeneezer Scrooge and his readers into the heart of Christmas with his spirits of Christmas Past, Present and Future. Around my dinner table on Christmas, we always leave one chair empty for those who can no longer celebrate with us. Memories of their laughter and love keep them alive every year.
This spirit of Christmas Past inspires this month’s Optional theme of The Ghost of Christmas Past (a Vintage Theme). Our guest sponsor is Lunagirl, a perfect match for this theme as you will see from the offerings of our DT.
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, make sure that your card has a vintage feel (i.e. vintage image, vintage looking paper, etc.). IMPORTANT: If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $15.00 gift certificate from Luna Girl.
Speaking of Lunagirl, it is time to refresh ourselves with the details of this amazing returning sponsor...
My name is Karen, owner of Lunagirl Images. In 2004, after collecting vintage ephemera for most of my life, I started digitizing and restoring images and designing digital supplies for artists and crafters (my husband collected antique books and prints, so we had quite a house full!) We are proud to have been the first company to offer digital vintage image collections of this size and quality at prices affordable to the home crafter.Check out the great images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the names of the images below will take you to their location in the store.
At Lunagirl.com (and in my etsy shop) I currently offer you several hundred unique digital collage sheets and dozens of themed craft CDs -- over 30,000 images so far! They are a great resource for card making, scrapbooking, jewelry making, and much more, easy to use, carefully researched and curated, all thoughtfully organized and lovingly cleaned up, ready to you to use in your projects. I love altering and embellishing these beautiful and fascinating images and seeing what my customers create with them.
In addition to digital art and design, I enjoy painting on wood, creating assemblage icons and shrines, reading history books, bellydancing, cooking, and sewing with my vintage Singer. I'm also blessed to be the mom of two teenaged boys.
If you're looking for something in particular in vintage style, feel free to email me at info@Lunagirl.com!
Main Blog: http://www.LunagirlMoonbeams.com
While team members had the option of working with any Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, Lisa did create a special set called Vintage Damask 1: Rich Colors. Check out the preview.
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of April will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll below.
DIGI PAPER POLL
Please click "like" to choose the ONE paper that you would like offered up to participants who link up a minimum of two cards during the month of April. Poll will be open until April 30th, 11:59 p.m. EST. Please note that you can get a better idea of what the actual paper looks like by bringing the preview ABOVE up in the lightbox.
This linky list is now closed.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
You have the whole month of April to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for this new challenge! Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to follow the optional theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why Lisa started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Lisa and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- We hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #25 as soon as we can get to it. While it is normally scheduled for the 8th, these past few months it has been rather late. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause anyone.
- Be sure to join us again on April 15th for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Then during the third week of April, I'll be back to share a Christmas tradition and/or recipe with everyone.
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), April 1st until 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), April 30th, 2017. All times listed are in EST.
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday-themed cards.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- Only a maximum of three (3) entries following the optional theme will qualify for the draw for this month's prize of a $15.00 gift certificate from Lunagirl. You must add 'FT' after you name so we know which cards to add to the draw for the sponsor's prize.
- No back-linking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #28
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Ghosts of Christmas Past-A Vintage Theme, below. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the theme. Please see above for all the rules and details.
This linky list is now closed.
Post a Comment