It is time to get down to the business of our latest challenge. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- ALL entries adhering to our basic rules also have the opportunity to win a mini pack of digi papers each month as well.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Star Struck
"The stars in the sky shone down where He lay."
~lyrics from Away in the Manger
I don't know about you, but for me, the stars seem extra bright during the holiday season. Not only the stars in the sky, but all those beautiful star decorations glittering about us. The star even sits prominently on the tops of many a Christmas tree. Of course, for the Christian community, the star plays heavily in the Christmas story guiding the wise men to witness the birth of Jesus. Since we're getting close to that big day, we want you to get a little star struck this month!
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our guest sponsor this month, be sure to have one or more stars featured prominently on your card. It can be the image itself, or an important part of the image, or in the paper(s) you use but it must be featured prominently. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of EITHER the Holiday Hoopla Digital Scrapbooking Kit OR five different mini kits (of six papers each) from the Christmas and/or Winter section from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles.
Now some of you may have recognized the name of the sponsor--Décosse's Dynamite Doodles. For those of you who don't know, Décosse's Dynamite Doodles is the label that I design under. Once a year I like to provide both the alternate prize and the main prize for the challenge. And on that note, for those of you who are unfamiliar, it is time to learn a little bit more about my brand...
Are you interested in digital sentiments, papers and other embellishments? How about a badge made especially for your blog? If these are items you are interested in, you are going to want to check out Décosse's Dynamite Doodles. My name is Lisa and with over 200+ posts of freebies to choose from, and new ones added often, I just might have what you are looking for. Along with the freebies I offer, I also create blog badges and digital kits for sale. Additionally, I have also been excited to have been able to sponsor a number of giveaways and challenges at other blogs.
So, if you have the time, come and take a look. There is always inspiration to be found among my many different features. I'd love for you to pop by and visit me. I hope you have a blast!
Main Blog: http://decossesdynamitedoodles.blogspot.ca/ some designs can be purchased at: http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.ca/ some sentiment sets along with a special Breast Cancer Awareness digi paper pack can be purchased at: http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/c331/DD_Doodles.htmlTeam members worked with a number of different sentiments and papers. Other than the Starry Sky Mini Kit, which is this month's paper set and can be seen a bit farther down, below you will find the previews for the different sets they've worked with. I've linked those sets that are available for sale to their respective store locations. If a set isn't currently in a store, I've merely linked it to the design previews page of my personal blog. If you are interested in purchasing a set that isn't currently available for sale, just let me know and I'll get it uploaded. Please check out the DT Member's post for further details.
Happy Holidays can be found in the Imagine That Digistamp store HERE.
This set can also be purchased in a bundle with 3 other sets for $5.00 HERE.
Holiday Hoopla Word Art set is one of six sets available in The Holiday
Hoopla Bundle which can be purchased in the Scribbles Designs store.
Hoopla Bundle which can be purchased in the Scribbles Designs store.
You can find it HERE.
The sentiment used on Pat's card, Believe in the Magic of the Season,
is a freebie available on my personal blog HERE.
You'll get to see more images used from this company during our midway so be sure to come back again at that time!
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called Starry Sky. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of November will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll below.
DIGI PAPER POLL
Please click "like" to choose the ONE paper that you would like offered up to participants who link up a minimum of two cards during the month of November. Poll will be open until November 30th, 11:59 p.m. EST. Please note that you can get a better idea of what the actual paper looks like by bringing the preview ABOVE up in the lightbox.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for November!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- We hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #31 ASAP.
- Then, be sure to join us again on October 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), November 1st until 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), November 30th, 2017. All times listed are in EST (Eastern Standard Time).
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- Only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw for this month's prize prize of EITHER the Holiday Hoopla Digital Scrapbooking Kit OR five different mini kits (of six papers each) from the Christmas and/or Winter section (winner's choice) from Décosse's Dynamite Doodles.
- No backlinking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #35
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Star Struck, below. Please see above for all the rules and details.
I posted my card for this challenge when you click on my picture it will go to my blogs but the card does not show up...if you click on home on my home page it will go to the page that will show my card....sorry about this.
Terrie--I see what the problem was: in the addy you had ...months-of-...but in the actual address for the post for some reason it says ...months-od-... I tried to edit the entry with the proper address but it wouldn't change it, it still kept going to the 'can't find' page. Ultimately I ended up deleting your entry and adding it again and it is working fine now.
Thank you so much....I also tried to change the "od" to "of" and it wouldn't change....I appreciate your help....
Keep on working, great job!
Post a Comment