It is also the first day of April and that means it is time for our next challenge to get under way! The first quarter of the year is under our belt, leaving just three more to get all those Christmas cards completed. Thus, it is time to continue with our quest to work on all those Christmas and other December Holiday cards we will need for year end!
However, before we begin. I must apologize that the Challenge #35 winner announcement (along with the others still outstanding for that matter) is still not out yet. Unfortunately, my life in these past three weeks has become somewhat of a challenge both physically and mentally. It has also meant that I have about three hours less each and every day to work on computer and blog activities which is putting me even farther behind. I'm not sure when this trend will end but it does mean that I'm going to have to sacrifice certain things in order to catch up. That probably means that our posts, especially the winner announcements, will not be up to their normal standards in terms of framed images, etc. I hope that you can all understand. The Challenge #35 winner announcement has been started and I'll do my best to get it finished sometime tonight or tomorrow.
For now though, it is time to get down to the business of our latest challenge. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- ALL entries adhering to our basic rules also have the opportunity to win a mini pack of digi papers each month as well.
Optional Theme: Feline Festive
Ah, the beloved cat! Those curious, sweet, four legged furry creatures that sit innocently watching the Christmas tree and all those beautiful decorations sitting upon it. Surely such an innocent animal would never dare to disrupt the state of the tree or any of your other decorations displayed throughout the house, now would they?! Ppfft!!! Yeah, right, in a perfect world maybe. However, even though these furballs might get into mischief, the holidays would not be the same without them. This month, cats rule and dogs drool.
That is why this month, in order to have a chance to win the prize from our guest sponsor, we want you to create a card that has a CAT as the focal point. You can choose to use any kind of cat image--wild, domestic, cartooned or something inbetween, we leave it up to you. Whether you want to wish someone Fleas Navidad or hope they have a Pawsome Christmas, it is time to get in the furry mood. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Keep in mind though, that you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month or for a chance to win the featured paper set. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $15 gift certificate to the Ike's Art store.
Talking about Ike's Art, it is time to refresh ourselves with the details of this returning sponsor…
Hi there – I am Ike……a nickname that I got hooked with many years ago due to my surname, and in my profession at that time, …… they just loved to give nicknames ☺.
I live in Greece and have a passion for kitties ☺ I am a complete nutter or should I say I’m ‘zany’ hahaha. I have a very strange/sick sense of humour and I must admit I spend a lot of time talking to myself. !! Well, I get more sense out of me.! I reckon in a few years I shall be known as the “crazy cat lady”☺
I am an artist and have a strange mind when it comes to creating my art. I either go completely true to life… right down to the last hair… or I go totally surreal. I have a passion for all things horror/Gothic etc. I’ve always loved horror films and books and I guess that’s why it creeps into my stuff ! Had I been a bit younger I swear I would have been a Goth……luuuuuv it. Next time around I am gonna be a witch or a cat ☺
I started my Blog a couple of years ago and although I love crafting, my real passion is drawing, and now I just love making digital images.
My SHOP is IkesArt found at www.ikesart.com
My Blog is Ikes World and is at http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com
My Challenge Blog http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
Check out all the fabulous images that the Sleigh Belles got to work with this month for the start of the challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to the section within the digital stamp section of the Ike's Art store.
You'll get to see more awesome projects using images from our sponsor during our midway so be sure to come back again at that time!
Normally, this is where you'd see the set of papers that I come up with for the team's use and for an additional prize each month. Unfortunately, with the current challenges I am facing in my life, I haven't had the time to finish the set yet. I'd say it is about 63.459% complete. ;) Hopefully, the special set called Feline Festive, will be done in time so that I can post the preview during the midway. If that is the case, starting April 15th there will still be two weeks to vote on the paper you'd like to see given out for this month.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for April!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- We hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #35 ASAP.
- Then, be sure to join us again on April 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Pat will hopefully be back towards the end of the month with a special Christmas Craft for you to try!
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), April 1st until 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), April 30th, 2018. All times listed are in EDT (Eastern Daylight Savings Time).
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- If you receive a free digi paper, you are not obliged to use it in any future link up; though, if you do create something, be sure to let me know as I'd love to see it.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- You are allowed to enter as many Anything Goes cards as you'd like. HOWEVER, please note that if you follow the optional theme for the chance to win this month's prize of a $15 gift certificate from Ike's Art, only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw.
- If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #40
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Feline Festive below. Don't forget that if you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize. Please see above for all the rules and details.