However, before we begin. I must apologize yet again. If you have been with us these past couple of months, you know that life has thrown me a curveball. I am currently being challenged both physically and mentally and I have had a lot less time than normal on the computer. Due to this, I didn't get the images for the team ordered early enough and as a result we don't have any samples to share with you showcasing the lovely images from our wonderful sponsor. Sigh...I also didn't get the paper pack made. HOWEVER, this just means that our midway post will be packed with projects from the entire team featuring digi stamps from the ever fabulous A Day for Daisies. You won't want to miss all the incredible creations to come, so be sure to join us again on May 15th.
Even though we don't have any designs to share just yet, we still felt it important to get the link up started. So, it is time to get down to the business of our latest challenge. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- ALL entries adhering to our basic rules also have the opportunity to win a mini pack of digi papers each month as well.
Optional Theme: Make it Feminine
This month, in over 149 different countries around the world, mothers are being honoured during Mother's Day. In fact, there are only two months during the year where there isn't a Mother's Day celebration and that happens to be January and September. There is at least one country celebrating in every other month, with the two highest concentrations being in March and May. Since the focus is on dear old mom this month for many people, we thought that it would be a nice idea to focus on femininity for our theme. When you think of Christmas, what would it be like without a feminine touch. All those lovely little nuances that only a female can provide.
That is why this month, in order to have a chance to win the prize from our guest sponsor, we want you to create a card that that would be considered FEMININE. Whether you decide to use an image that would be considered feminine, or pretty papers and colours, or even dress up your card with lace, ribbons and/or flowers, as long as your card has a feminine touch, then it will qualify. If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Keep in mind though, that you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month or for a chance to win the featured paper set. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $12 gift certificate to the A Day for Daisies store.
Talking about A Day for Daisies, it is time to refresh ourselves with the details of this returning sponsor…
A Day For Daisies provides themed categories of over 3000 digital illustrations including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!
ADFD Website: www.adayfordaisies.com
ADFD FB: https://www.facebook.com/adayfordaisies/
Private ADFD Community on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/adayfordaisies/
ADFD Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/adayfordaisies
Be sure to join us on May 15th when the team will be here to showcase their projects featuring awesome stamps from A Day for Daises! At that time you will also have two weeks to vote on the digital paper you'd like to see given out for this month.
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- We hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #37 as soon as we can manage.
- Then, be sure to join us again on May 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by both the Sleigh Belles and the Merry Maidens! You will be able to vote on the paper given out for May during that post as well!
- Pat will hopefully be around towards the end of the month with a special Christmas Craft for you to try!
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), May 1st until 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), May 31st, 2018. All times listed are in EDT (Eastern Daylight Savings Time).
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- If you receive a free digi paper, you are not obliged to use it in any future link up; though, if you do create something, be sure to let me know as I'd love to see it.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- You are allowed to enter as many Anything Goes cards as you'd like. HOWEVER, please note that if you follow the optional theme for the chance to win this month's prize of a $12 gift certificate from A Day for Daisies, only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw.
- If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #41
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Make it Feminine below. Don't forget that if you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize. Please see above for all the rules and details.
Thank you for the challenge. Lisa I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes
Post a Comment