Before I start I just want to wish all our Canadian friends, followers and readers a very happy Canada Day. Canada is celebrating a milestone birthday as it is 150 years strong this year! I will actually have a free digi paper available on my personal blog in just a little while (I'm hoping it will be there by 7:00 p.m.) to commemorate the occasion. If you want to check it out you can find it HERE.
Oh and to all of the American folks out there, we wish you a very happy Independence Day coming up on July 4th. I plan to have a freebie available on my personal blog in honour of this occasion as well so be sure to pop by if you are interested.
Finally, on a sad note we are saying goodbye to Sherry this month as this will be her last challenge with us. It has been an absolute pleasure having this talented lady as part of the Sleigh Belles team and she will be sorely missed! I hope that you will all join me in wishing her the best of luck as she moves on to new adventures in her life.
Right now, it is time to get down to the business of our latest challenge. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- ALL entries adhering to our basic rules also have the opportunity to win a mini pack of digi papers each month as well.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Oh DEER!
Oh DEER! It has already been half a year!
Before we know it, the day we've been planning for will soon be here!
Are you getting any closer to getting your Christmas Card Stash completed? This month we thought it would be fun to add a deer or reindeer image, even a reindeer wannabe image would be okay; you know, the images where kids or dogs don a set of antlers and pretend to be a reindeer?!
In order to have a chance to win the prize from our wonderful guest sponsor this month, make sure that your Christmas card has an IMAGE of a DEER or REINDEER (or reindeer wannabe). IMPORTANT: If you do follow the optional theme, be sure to add FT after your name so that we include you in the draw for the prize.
Remember, you don't need to follow the theme to link up your cards and earn a free paper each month, have a chance to win a special mini kit of digi papers and have your name thrown into the year end draw for some extra digital goodies. You only need to follow the theme if you want a chance to win this month's sponsored prize of a $12 gift certificate to the Bugaboo Stamps store.
Talking about Bugaboo Stamps, it is time to get to know this brand new sponsor…
Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: A Short EssayAs if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was seven years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
Challenge Blog: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.ca/
Check out the fun images that the team worked with this month for the start of the challenge. Clicking on any of the image watermarks will take you to their page in the Bugaboo Stamps store where each of these images can be found.
You'll get to see more great images used during our midway so be sure to come back again at that time!
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called Deer Oh Deer. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of July will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll below.
DIGI PAPER POLL
Please click "like" to choose the ONE paper that you would like offered up to participants who link up a minimum of two cards during the month of July. Poll will be open until July 31st, 11:59 p.m. EST. Please note that you can get a better idea of what the actual paper looks like by bringing the preview ABOVE up in the lightbox.
This linky list is now closed.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for July! Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, link up one or more cards for your chance to win the mini kit of digi papers shown above, OR you choose to also follow the optional theme to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- We hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #28 as soon as we can get to it. While it is normally scheduled for the 8th, these past few months it has been rather late. Sorry for any inconveniences this may cause anyone.
- Then, be sure to join us again on July 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), July 1st until 11:59 p.m. (23:59 hrs), July 31st, 2017. All times listed are in EST.
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- Only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw for this month's prize of a $12 gift certificate to the Bugaboo Stamps store. You must add 'FT' after you name so we know which cards to add to the random draw for the sponsor's prize.
- No backlinking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog.
We look forward to seeing you participate!
Link Up Below:
If you have any problems linking up, please be sure to leave a comment.
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #31
Please link up your Anything Goes Christmas and/or December holiday themed CARDS with the optional theme of Oh DEER!, below. Be sure to add FT after your name if you followed the theme. Please see above for all the rules and details.
This linky list is now closed.
Post a Comment